NREMT EMS Refresher Courses: VILT Training (F5)
VILT is distributive learning technology that allows an instructor to give lectures and presentations to students in a virtual classroom. Students log-in to the classroom for the presentation, and are able to interact with the instructor by voice, web cam, or by typing questions. Students will only be allowed to attend one VILT session at a time.
VILT is accepted as 'live' training by the NREMT and many states due to the instructor/student interaction, attendance verification by the provider, and exams which must be passed. VILT courses will have an F5 designation. Students should check with their State EMS Agency for more details on VILT acceptance.
- F1: Live In-Person One Time Event
- F2: Live In-Person Multiple Event
- F3: Online Distributive Learning
- F4: Denotes a course wherein the user/student interacts with the activity in such a way that their actions and choices dictate the direction of the activity or case.
- F5: Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)