Infographic | DOT HAZMAT Training Requirements
Title 49 in the Code of Federal Regulations provides rules and regulations, provided by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and other agencies, regarding transportation and transportation security. 49 CFR 172.704 includes training and certification requirements for employees and supervisors involved in the process of hazardous materials transportation or safety.
To help simplify the regulations in 49 CFR 172.704, we have created an Infographic to lay out the training requirements in a visual format. The document shows the following:
- Hazmat employee definition
- Types of required DOT Hazmat training
- Required training recordkeeping and documentation
- Circumstances where re-training or refresher training is required
- The 49 CFR regulation where the DOT HAZMAT requirement can be found.
Share the information! Feel free to download and share the PDF version of the below image here: DOT HAZMAT Training Requirements – Infographic.